Guerlain Girl




I have to share my new crush. This week I had time to fall in love with Guerlain makeup. I've passed by the products before, blissfully unaware, but now I just know that everytime I walk by I will look longingly at the lipsticks and the skincare products and create little plans in my head for when I can treat myself :)

This is how it happened: I was at the department store because I was looking for this limited edition Dior eyeshadow set. (more about that later). I was describing it to the sales girl, telling her that this year I am really excited by sparkles and glitter and I feel very festive. (more about that later too :)) So she literally took me by the hand and said "you HAVE to see this". Next thing I knew, I was at the Guerlain counter and she was spraying perfume on me. It was divine! The perfume was in a vintage bottle with one of those pouf things you have to press, and when the scented air came out it was dusted with little specks of gold. She sprayed the perfume on my arms and my hair and I was enveloped in deliciously smelling gold sparkles. It felt so pretty, luxurious and festive. I instantly wanted to be at a party with a glass of champagne in my hand!

Next she showed me their lipsticks and lipgloss. Both clad in special packaging that looks like a bullet secured with a jewel, but when you open it, a little mirror pops out. Very Bond Girl! The colors are so luxe! And the lipgloss itself is almost like a lipstain - it's so rich and matte that it just feels like someone painted your lips into a perfect hue. I tried everything there - the mascara, the foundation, the primer.. If I wasn't late to a party I would've spent another hour there.

So for me Guerlain is really the make-up that I've been looking for - high quality, smart, beautiful and unique design and it just feels and smells luxurious. That kind of make-up that you don't throw in a purse, you place it lovingly. You don't hide it in your room, you leave in front of the mirror. And you love taking it out every once in a while around other people because it's like a beautiful addition to your wardrobe. Or you can just never show it to anyone and keep it as your secret weapon to always feeling like a princess. Or bond girl? You decide. :)

www.guerlain.com





2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean by the lipstick that looks like a bullet! Essi had one of those and it's so pretty and practical, all in the same package. I can also remember the fragrance in the lipstick, so luxurious and sensual. Did you make any purchases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought make up from Estee Lauder, nothing from Guerlain yet. I actually have all the hues of lipstick that I need (if that's even possible). Guerlain is on the wishlist for the future :D

      Delete