Sketching the dress

M had an idea of a tuxedo-inspired cocktail dress. Black and white, with a sexy collar and a sexy back, not too long and form fitting. Sounds easy enough to sketch, right? :D

The top part of the dress was the hardest. I would start with something very revealing and then slowly add more material but not too much. Then I would look at a male tuxedo and see where I could add those elements.  Some of them turned out more formal than others. 




                                                                What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. The first two really capture what I had in mind! The white collar is fabulous! You also have cool ideas for the back in the second picture. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one do you wan me to work more on? These sketches are so rough. Maybe you can pick a couple and I can make them more detailed :)

      Delete